Friday, December 10, 2010

Songs that will always remind me of your dad

Sharp Dressed Man-ZZ Top


Your dad loved this song and used to play it ALL THE TIME. Your uncle and I were discussing this just yesterday. His favorite part of the song was when they said "black tie" kinda under their breath. He always sang that part and looked at us. Like-look how cool I am...ahhahah!

Centerfold-J. Geils Band


This is another one of those where your dad would stop what he was doing to either sing the song or watch the video if it was on TV. I mean, it is girls jumping around in lingerie so I can't blame him for liking this.

Blondie-Rapture


Now keep in mind that your dad is 9 years older than me so when I was still in primary school, he was already a teenager. Back then we used to drive to Asheville, NC at least twice a year and it was an 8 hour trek. We would be stuck in the back of the car for all of these hours and had to pretty much be quiet and not bug mom & dad. I remember singing this song with him. I also remember dancing around in his room when he wasn't there playing this record. I love this song and still know all the words. Blondie was pretty bad ass.

1 comment: