Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A little background

The idea behind this blog is that I am giving you (my niece) the gift of music. For the next 52 weeks I will be introducing you to new bands, old bands, different genres, and different eras of music. There will be music to listen to for different reasons. There will be music for different occasions. The point is to expose you to as much music as I can in one year. This is something that I wish someone had done for me when I was your age. At the end of the year I will give you all of the mp3s of the songs I have chosen here.

At least once during this next year, you & I will attend a concert together of my choosing.
At least once during this next year, you & I will have a dance party.
At least once during this next year, I will blow your mind.

Now I'm just putting the idea of new music in your head. It's up to you to figure out what you like, what you don't, what you want to explore further. Feel free to comment and tell me what you think, or don't. The point is, we get to listen to some really cool music together.

No comments:

Post a Comment